3/25/08

The One that got away.....




"Corner of Colbert and Filmore"
watercolor, 11 x 14 inches

I've become obsessed with this house. Don't know anything about who lived there, but I've painted it at least a dozen times in the last two weeks.

The first watercolor of this house was satisfying, and possibly would have been enough.
Atypically, I was very happy with the result, using a limited palette.
As I packed up, evidently the painting remained behind; I never saw it again. Maybe it was left it on top of the car as I drove off. When I realized it was missing, back I went, driving all over the neighborhood, but to no avail.
Like the fish that got away, in my mind's eye, the painting just kept getting better and better.

Since then, I keep trying to reach that bar again. Sooner or later, if the house doesn't get knocked down first, I'll stop, hopefully after a successful painting experience.

No comments: